Week 7 Assignment – Client Memo: Understand and Mitigate Risk
Financial management applies topersonal as well asbusinessfinancialdecisions. In this week’s assignment, you will lay the groundwork for creating a personal retirement plan in Week 9.
This weeks analysis requires you to apply what you have learned using the textbook, as well as additional Internet and SU Library research. Also, please refer to the assignments in Weeks 2 and 4, in which you evaluated stocks and bonds asinvestment options and applied the concept of present value.
For this assignment, you take on the role of a personal retirement planner who is preparing a memo for your client. In the memo, explain to the client the financial and risk considerations that go into planning for retirement.
Writea45pagepaper using the following instructions:
1. Describetheimportance offactors to consider when developing a retirement plan.These will include age, marital status, number of dependents, health, life expectancy, and other sources of income such as social security and pensions.
2. Examine the relationship between risk and return and its impact on decisions about saving for retirement. Provide examples of the relationship.
3. Explain how risk factors (such as age and personal risk tolerance) impact the allocation of assets included in a retirement plan. Support your explanation with examples of how asset allocation changes as the risk factors change.
4. Analyze how fiscal and monetary policies may impact retirement plans.
a. Research how changes in fiscal policy and monetary policy can impact retirement savings.
b. This research should include how changes in policies, including interest rates, tax rates, and policies that impact savings (IRAs, 401k), can impact retirement plans.
5. Evaluate the implications of the time value of money with respect to saving for retirement. Support the answer with specific examples and explanations.
6. Use 45 sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the